Recipe for Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
What you need:
- Savory Sweets Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough or Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Dough
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- ½ Cup unsalted Butter
- 8 oz Heavy Cream
- Chocolate Chips for top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 9”x7” lined baking sheet, press cookie dough into bottom about 1/2inch thick.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 13-15 minutes
- Remove from the oven and cool completely
- In a saucepan heat 1 cup white sugar, stirring constantly. The sugar may form clubs, but will eventually melt into a thick golden brown liquid. Be careful not to burn the caramel.
- Once the sugar is completely melted, add the butter. The caramel will bubble a lot- be careful! Keep stirring until the butter is melted. It may separate from the sugar, that’s ok.
- Very slowly, pour in the heavy cream while stirring. It will rapidly bubble and may splatter. Let the caramel mixture boil for about a minute.
- Let the caramel cool to room temperature before pouring onto the cookie bottom.
- Let it cool in the pan overnight in the fridge.
- Once cooled, take out the bars and cut into piece.
- Top with extra chocolate chips and a chocolate drizzle.