What's Your Plan?
Are you a planner or do you just fly by the seat of your pants? I feel like I’m a combo of both. I make a TO DO list daily, yes, even on the weekends! It helps keep me on track to get everything done that I wanted to. I rarely get through my full list, but just having that reference for when my mind wanders and I’m standing in the middle of my kitchen going “what was I doing here?” makes life a little easier!
When you are running a fundraiser do you have a TO DO list or are you just randomly doing things?
The biggest part of running a highly organized fundraiser is finding a system that works for you. Are you a pen and paper person? Do you function solely with your phone? Do you need a combination of both? Figure out what type of person you are, and go from there. The hardest part of any journey is the first step.
Ok- so now you’ve figured out what “type” of organizer you are. Here’s a check list to help make your fundraiser run smooth!
- Dates Planned Out: These are your major dates- kick off, collection and delivery
- Prizes: work out what your prizes are going to be and get them included on your parent letter (see HERE for some great ideas!)
- Who is responsible for what? Sit down with your committee and assign roles. This way no one is thinking that someone else is taking care of it and then it doesn’t get done.
- Communication: set reminders for when communication to your sellers needs to go out. Reminders about the sale, end dates etc.
- Collection: Have everything you need ready for collection day! Volunteers, pens, money wraps, check stamper. You’ve got this!
- Delivery: Have everything ready to go the day before. This way you aren’t feeling extra stress. Have your check signed and ready, order forms alphabetized, pens for signing off on orders.
- Wrap Up: Send a thank you email out and a facebook post thanking everyone for getting their items and participating. Be sure to call out your volunteers by name for their help too!
- Analyze: sit down with your committee and talk about what went well, what you liked, and if you’d like to do anything differently next year!
Our Savory Sweets Sales Team is ready and able to help guide you through your whole sale! We are trained in effective organization and have been in your shoes as a coordinator, so we can offer some extremely valuable advice.
Don’t struggle with an unorganized chaotic fundraiser this year, get a hold of us TODAY and let us guide you to a calm, peaceful SUCCESSFUL fundraiser!